About Me

My photo
Magnetic Island., Queensland., Australia
ARTIST PROFILE. (Edward Blum). I have painted and drawn since childhood, as a form of identity and purpose. It provides out side of family the single most powerful force predominating my life as far back as I can recollect and is symbiotic of my future. I look forward to this future which will be consumed pursuing art personally and professionally. As an artist I would like to capture the human condition, basic emotion and our essence. A freedom to look deeper than thought and express in a far more powerful medium, using color figuratively and in abstracted form. A universal language defined by the human condition. It is this place in the human psyche where what we visualize is interwoven not only by what we interpret that we see. But is also tainted by the shadow of our past. A distortion of our perceptions of reality as we believe it to be.. Ultimately it is here that my mind finds interest, and I foresee my artistic future evolving.

Followers

Please take the time to view some of the wonderful varieties of talented blogs above.

Friday 30 November 2012









3 comments:

  1. Hi Edward,
    Sorry to read of you and your wife having some of your wonderful artwork stolen. I hope it is recovered soon. I hope this doesn't diminish your creative output. Your art is special and highly valued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the paintings were found, Edward. Thankyou for your comment on my site- I really valued it..Do you remember how you came across my blog?

    I love your art work. There is one called Spring that makes me want to sit gently and breathe in its atmosphere. And Grief was surprisingly moving - the multi coloureness is not what a cliche of grief (grey) would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas from the Checkerboard Aussies and I, as well ! Happy to hear you paints were returned. I will follow you from here on it; looking forward to your posts...

    ReplyDelete